Monday, March 23, 2009

Refrigerator Recalls

Maytag has recalled refrigerators marketed under the brand names Maytag®, Jenn-Air®, Amana®, Admiral®, Magic Chef®, Performa by Maytag® and Crosley®. An electrical failure in the relay, the component that turns on the refrigerator's compressor, can cause overheating and pose a serious fire hazard. This recall was announced March 10, 2009.


When I saw this recall, I checked my home unit which was purchased in 2001- and discovered it was one of those recalled. I called the Maytag corporation here in Michigan and spoke to a customer service rep who scheduled service that same week. The repair was done in about 20 minutes and I feel much better having the problem corrected.


For more information call Maytag's Recall Hotline 866-533-9817

No comments: